Kristen Jackson of The Hunter Interior created a cozy, colorful breakfast nook…and you can too. Featured in Domino Magazine, I’m going to show you how to get this room for less.
- Of course you’ll need benches to create the nook. Having them built is divine, but if it’s not in your budget, here are a few plans for you to choose from here and here. Use the Billy bookcase (placed on its side) and voila, a bench with storage!
- The Docksta table from Ikea costs a lot less than the one featured.
- Ghost acrylic chairs can be found here.
- Inexpensive art and candle sconces are just waiting for you at your local tag sales. Clean them up, rub in some antique glaze to a frame, or spray-paint a sconce back to life and you’re good to go. Here’s a sconce featured on Etsy you might like.
- To make fabric panels, simple stretch fabric around inexpensive cork boards are artists canvas and staple into place. You can then add a frame (or not) over the stretched canvas and attach with screws. (Here’s a simple tutorial for another method.)
- Grab some ribbon to embellish store-bought pillows. All you need is some ribbon and a hot glue gun.
Check out the details of the makeover here.
Kim Merritt – http://beautifullivingstyle.blogspot.com/