As I’ve mentioned before, if there is one thing I could do all day, every day, it’s style a room. When I teach my classes, day three is my favorite day because that’s when the students get to show off their talents and create beautiful vignettes from tabletop to bookcase. I’m inspired by so many creative arrangements that I couldn’t possible feature them all here, so I’ve chosen several shots that I’ll walk you through starting on the top left and then right working my way down.
June 17, 2013 by beautifullivingstyle
1. Mix the old with the new. This vintage wooden crate would fit right in just about anywhere. Outfit the top with a piece of glass and add some wheels and you’ve got a portable table to suit your every need. Now have fun filling it with all kinds of treasures (seashells come to mind this time of year) and top it off with something colorful.
2. I’m not a huge fan of the usual end table, but when I saw this photo, I was sold. Most end tables are only large enough to hold a lamp, but this one doubles as a bookcase. I like the way it’s positioned next to the sofa and how it blends in with the sofa color as well. It’s unobtrusive and the simple design would work with any décor.
3. Sometimes it’s all about the accessories. This glass (or acrylic) table doesn’t take up visual space and can also be used in both traditional and contemporary settings. I love filling square tables with blocks of books just as they have done here. (And don’t forget the rug. You’ll see it so make it part of the overall design.)
4. I love using tables that break the mold. Who says you need to use a coffee table in front of a sofa? Not me. These two sweet tables are both pretty and adaptable. When you get tired of using them together, separate the pair and use them elsewhere in the room.
5. Books, books, books. Where would we be without stacks of them filling our homes. Accessorizing doesn’t need to be expensive. Place books you love around your home and fill in unused space with plants, flowers, branches… nature. It’s so simple, yet looks lovely every time.
6. I love everything about this vignette from the color of the chest to color of the vase, bowl, and flowers, the art (don’t hang it, lean it), the lamp. Think lots of color if you want to add some pop to a corner of a room.
Images via bhg.com, i1.wp.com, obaz.com, everythingfab.com, centsationalgirl.com, roomsinteriordesign.blogspot.com
Kim Merritt – http://beautifullivingstyle.blogspot.com/
Please visit the Calendar/Events tab above.
Blog RollPlease visit our member blogs by clicking the Blog Roll tab above.
- Copyright 2015 All text (and original photos when noted) are the property of the ADE Blog and its authors. Do not copy without permission. Thank you.