Now that the cold weather is settling in I have found myself reaching for a coat and the occasional pair of gloves. Having an incurable accessories addiction I have always had to be creative with finding places for them to live. I thought I would share some of them with you.
– A dresser by the front door. The drawers will easily keep mittens, hats and scarves right where you need them, without creating clutter.
– Wooden coat racks (from the craft store). I have attached them to the inside of my front and back doors and painted them to match the room.
– A vintage bread basket, placed by the front door, easily keeps track of gloves.
– A large, copper plant tray, while a bit expensive, will get gorgeously distressed as you use it to hold your boots and winter shoes (and should last forever).
– Think your coat closet is full? Take a second look. Screw in hooks along the back or side to hang your scarves and seldom-used coats. Go vertical and hang one above the other.